Easter is THE central event in the life of the Church. There is nothing more important to a Christian then the sacrificial death and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Son of God! Without these historical events, the Christian faith is worthless. As the Apostle Paul tells us, ". . .if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith."(1 Corinthians 15:14)
But, such is not the case! The events that happened that first Easter continue to be the power, hope, and peace of the Christian's life, and foolishness to everyone else. It is my hope that the content of these pages will help you celebrate the victory that is the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Please drop back often over the next few weeks because this page will be regularly updated — Grant MacDonald.
- Truly Resurrected — "O.K. so I'm afraid of death, now what?"
- Jesus & the Flashdark — "Think how much sin must have been in that bucket..."
- What's Bugging Bugs? — "This is not a builder of personal esteem."
- Passion Pondering — "A comfortable version of an uncomfortable reality. That is the image I have seen over and over again."
- A Pre-Passion Easter Thought — "The extreme reactions to the movie thus far come as no surprise to me whatsoever."
- A Post-Passion Easter Thought — "I have seen the Passion of the Christ now, and I understand."
- Like One Dead — "I was like one dead mourning the dead."
- Can Heaven Wait? — "While I want very much to go to Heaven, I don't really want to be part of the next boatload!"
- Off the Hook — "Do you thrash about like a trout on a hook?"
- An Unwarrented Death — "Everyone walks in duckling formation, never in tandem!"
- Things I Never Knew — "As Christians around the world ready themselves to celebrate the joy of Easter, they should perhaps realize that it is only with this generation that the Jews are learning not to fear this celebration."
- Death Meets His Master — "Father Time met pale King Death sittin' by a tomb."
- A Celebration of Life — "Several years ago I joined a group of Christians to dialogue with Muslim people at a local mosque."
- Nasty, Dirty, Stuff — "This dirt is not the pretty, healthy dirt that one finds in greenhouses or in the garden. No, it's the nasty, gritty stuff that no one wants."
- Easter's Secret Revealed — "The problem with 'secret' sin in a Christian's life is not with God."
- The Tomb — "The sun rises slowly over the hills, two men, armored, lay as dead. A stone lies on its side."
- Cross Word Puzzles — "How can one act of sacrifice swallow up every act of human selfishness?"
- The Centurion — "Your death hangs in the air--
your face chiseled by pain--"
- My Favorite Sand Hill Crane — "The hatching time for a crane is 28 to 32 days. The little chicks are due to break through their shells any day now. I go by and check regularly."
- The Light . . . — "Long shadow creeps across the ground. People shy away from it..."
- The Empty Egg — "Jeremy was born with a twisted body and a slow mind."
- From Pampers To The Cross — "People fall into one of two categories. Some are baby people, some aren't."
- Where Would You Like To Be? — "Death was never intended to be a part of life, not in God's perfect plan."
- A Father's Promise — "In the midst of chaos and destruction, he rushed to his son's school. But instead of a school, he found a shapeless heap of rubble."
- The Colt — "Why did the man need my colt, anyway?"
- Communion — "If you to look up the word "feisty" in your pictorial dictionary, you would find a picture of Cora Dick staring back at you"
- Fresh Air — "If this had been an actual fire, I would have died. "
- I Don't Like the Thief On the Cross! — "You would think such circumstances would have brought these three together."
- Keep The Vigil — "As Easter approached that year, there was a real sense of wanting to really experience Easter for the first time."
- The Look — "The raw emotion of the scene sends shivers up my spine."
- thwap, thwap thwap thwap — "What the heck is that noise? I wandered into the living room and found my answer."
- The Unique Christ — "His birth was contrary to the laws of life,His death was contrary to the laws of death"
- We Might Be Embarrassed! — "The plaster replica of an empty tomb remained forever a figment of my rather fertile imagination."
- What Did You Get For Easter? — "What did God give you for Easter? He gave me something sweeter than chocolate!"
- Where Would You Go? — "Think carefully. Don't squander this opportunity. You don't often come across someone as generous as I!"
- Why the Scars? — "When God raised Jesus from the dead, why didn't He fix Him up?"